Who We Are
KIS Technologies creates and maintains a suite of smart, secure, simple solutions for the ticketing industry. We build custom ticketing kiosks along with the the global software platform that supports them. Hundreds of our flagship KIS Kiosks are deployed across dozens of customers around the country and offer a robust set of features in an all-in-one, simple, integrated system including hardware, software, and mobile applications.
KIS Technologies is a relatively new startup, but we have the backing and support of one of the most established names in ticketing. In the last several months, we’ve launched our new KIS Ticket app and relaunched our KIS Kiosk product line, and now we’re expanding the ecosystem with new products and capabilities.
We are headquartered in Plano, TX and recently moved into our new offices at Legacy Town Center. Our team is small but growing rapidly and looking for passionate technologists to join our fast-paced environment.
About the KIS Kiosk Team
Our company is looking for a Senior Engineer who will be responsible for building and scaling our software platform and applications. Your role will be to contribute to and oversee our systems engineering and infrastructure needs, set up automation of deployments, troubleshoot technical issues, analyze and document specifications, and manage both our cloud infrastructure and deployment pipeline. You will be engaged in all phases of the software development life-cycle.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain software builds across all aspects of our platform
- Manage system provisioning and product release processes
- Identify opportunities to improve our development process and system efficiency
- Maintain code and documentation integrity and organization
- Communicate technical information effectively both written and verbally
- 3+ years of experience working as a Senior Engineer
- Extensive experience in deploying and maintaining web application and backend software in production
- Experience developing web services using Node.js (or experience with other modern web technologies: Go, Elixir, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience working in more traditional web languages (Java, C#, etc.)
- Expertise with AWS: EC2, ELB, Lambda, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Cloud Formation and VPC management
- Experienced with modern deployment pipelines and containerization including Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with distributed source control and collaboration tools (git, github, jira, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Apache Maven
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools, specifically Jenkins
- Proficiency in TCP/IP networking, architecture and other core network technologies (DNS, HTTP, Routing, Firewalls, Load Balancers, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or other related fields (or equivalent experience)
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 3 additional paid days for volunteer opportunities
- Child Care and Parental Leave benefits
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision insurance
- Pet insurance
- Healthcare spending accounts
- 401K matching
- Retirement benefits
- Transportation benefits
- Education assistance
- Flexible work schedules
- Workplace perks such as beverages, food and snacks
- Mobile phone allowance
- Gym membership allowance